RunDLL.exe startup error is a common error. In this article you will find some rundll error fixes that will help you to solve it. For inexperienced users Solution 3 is highly recommended as it is very easy to follow.
– Start Windows in Safe Mode. How to do it? As you reboot the computer and tap the “F8” key until the “Windows Advanced Options” menu appears. In the menu select “Safe Mode No Networking” and press “Enter”
– After you start Windows in Safe Mode, run any Antivirus program full scan. Some viruses are detected by some products, cannot be detected by others, so we advise you to have at least two Antivirus programs.
– If any viruses or spy ware your software detected – delete them. After that reboot.
If the error messages disappear, the problem was obviously caused by malware and you solved it! So do not proceed to the following instructions. If it didn’t, no worry, there still are a few more tips how to get rid of this annoying error.
Basically, if the rundll32.exe problem persists, that means your Windows rundll32.exe file is corrupt. So you can run a Windows Repair Installation. You will need Windows CD to do that.
– Reboot the computer with the Windows CD in the CD drive. Then press any key on the keyboard to boot from the CD.
– You will see “Welcome to Setup” screen with a list of options. Press “Enter” to select “Setup Windows XP.” Do not press “R”
– Select the Windows installation you want to repair from the list (C:\WINDOWS “Microsoft Windows …”). Press “R” to enter repair mode and “F8″ to accept the Microsoft licensing agreement.
– Windows will reinstall the operating system, including the corrupt rundll32.exe file. Your data and other files will not be affected. If this rundll error fix didn’t help, proceed to the Solution 2.
(a bit more Advanced, so if you are not an experienced user, please do not use it (wrong actions may result in system crush) and go straight to SOLUTION 3
To fix rundll error you should follow 3 steps:
First you should identify the specific rundll process through processlibrary.com (an online process library which evaluates the validity of the process that is running). Copy the dll process name from the error dialog box and Paste it in the search box on the above mentioned website. The results will indicate if the program is a part of spyware.
Locate the Rundll file:
– First go Start>Run
– Type in “services.msc” without quotes
– Services Management window will open. Now drag your mouse to the corrupted services. Right-click on it and stop the “dll” service immediately.
NOTE: Sometimes it will be impossible to stop the dll process using this method.
Now open Windows Registry File System. This is a very delicate process and you want to do it right not to crash your system. It’s better to use a good registry cleaner.
To delete the corrupted manually:
– Go Start > Run
– Type in “regedit”
– Find this registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > RUN
– In the right section find the corrupted “dll” process and delete the value
CAUTION: Please do not use this Solution if you are not sure how to do it.
(the easiest one)
To fix rundll error download a specialized automatic tool called Rundll Errors Fix Wizard. Easy installation process, automatic repair of all kinds of RUNDLL errors will save your time and efforts. To eliminate your dll errors click on the tool’s name. The link will take you to Rundll Errors Fix Wizard installation page. Click on Download, then install the downloaded program and say goodbye to your rundll errors.