How to fix Rundll.exe error – Video tutorials
Rundll32.exe is part of Windows and is used to run program code in DLL (Dynamic Link Library) files as if they were within the actual program. The rundll32.exe file is usually located in the folder C:\Windows\System32.
- First Go Start, find cmd console and run it as an administrator.
- Now type in the opened window “sfc /scannow” and push Enter
- Wait untill the process is finished.
- Then restart your computer.
The video shows how to fix RunDLL.exe error for Windows7
- Go Start > Run and type in “cmd“
- Now type in “sfc /scannow” in the opened window and Enter
- To replace the corrupted rundll.exe file you will need 7zip program and Windows 7 CD.
Open Windows 7 CD and go to Sources, find install.wim file there, right-click on it and choose 7zip and open it up.
Now go to a folder 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 depending on which operating system you have.
1 – Windows 7 Starter
2 – Windows 7 Home Basic
3 – Windows 7 Home Premium
4 – Windows 7 Professional
5 – Windows 7 Ultimate
- Now go to Windows > System32 find the rundll32.exe file and extract it.
- You can click on Browse and create a new folder and save the file in it.
- Click OK. Now go to cmd again and run it as an administrator. Go to C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
- Type in the black window ‘takeown /f c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe’, push OK
- Now type in ‘cacls c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe /grant “your user account” :F’ and Yes
- Then you can rename the old rundll.exe file: type in ‘rename rundll32.exe rundll32.exe_old’
You can cut this file out and save it to some location like “backup” (if you don’t have this folder, you can create it to save old files in there)
To put in the new file just copy it and paste. You can also use a registry cleaner. Like Windows Registry Cleaner. You can find it using Google. Be careful and do not use untrusted software!
The video shows how to fix this common error. Download rundll32.exe file from any file catalog, for example downloads.com – you can find it by typing it in Google. The file is in archive, so you will need to extract it first. Right-click on downloaded file and choose Extract all. Then choose the folder where you would like to extract. Now you will need to replace the corrupted rundll file. You can do it with the help of a Replacer programme which you can download from www3.telus.net/_/replacer/
When you install Replacer and run it, you will need to drag the corrupted rundll.exe file from system32 folder into the black window when the program asks you to do it. Press Enter. Drag the new downloaded file to the same window and Press Enter again. Then type letter Y to confirm your action. Next solution described in the video is by downloading Rundll.exe Fix Wizard. You can download this tool from www.rundll-exe.com
Click on the link that says “Download it” and save the Rundll.exe Fix Wizard installation file on your PC. The installation process is very easy. The program is specially designed to help you with all kinds of rundll errors and registry errors connected with rundll. It’s very user-friendly and will fix your problem easily.